We are excited to have you consider joining our vibrant studio. This is what you should do to find out more about us:
Observations and Orientation
1. I invite both you and your child to observe classes of a student who is of similar age. Your child will get to see me working with other children, which is always a good introduction to a new teacher. Please contact me to arrange for a time to observe lessons.
2. Parents interested in joining our program should contact me for a parent-only orientation to become familiar with the Suzuki Method and our program.
3. New students may be accepted into the studio after the parent has had the opportunity to observe lessons and attend the orientation. Both are important so that the parent(s) can see firsthand what it is like to become a member of a Suzuki studio.
* Instrument instruction may begin as early as age 2 1/2 and is encouraged before the age of 7. However, the studio will accept children older than seven.
* The curriculum includes both a weekly Individual Lesson and a Group Class.
* Group Classes meet Thursday evenings.
* Summer lessons are required. You must sign up for 6 lessons in the summer, but you may take 8. Some students take 2 lessons a week during the summer months. If you want more than 8 lessons, ask your teacher about those arrangements.
* Performing for others is a key part of a Suzuki program. We have three recitals scheduled for the year which gives your child the motivation to practice to prepare to play in front of an audience and the satisfaction of sharing their skills.
* Begin to listen to the CD in Suzuki Violin School Volume 1Violin Part Revised Edition with CD, from 1 to 2 hours a day.
* Students who join our studio make a commitment for the full year.
Studio policies for 2016 – 17 are included in the welcome package.
To schedule an observation or an orientation, please call Eric Davenport at 1-703-282-8837 or email email@example.com. You can also click here to go to my contact page.
I look forward to meeting you and your child and discussing the possibilities for your child’s Suzuki violin education.